Welcome to The Writing Coach. On this podcast, I speak with the instructors, editors, coaches, and mentors who help writers and authors create their art, build their audience, and sell their work.
In ep. #47 of The Writing Coach podcast, I speak with Derek Murphy.
Derek is a book marketing expert, book cover designer, and successful young adult author. He also holds a Ph.D. in Literature. Derek shares what he knows about writing, publishing, and book marketing via books, videos, and a number of different websites, including his home base CreativINDIE.com.
During our conversation Derek describes:
- How he transitioned from cover designer to young adult author
- The easiest way for authors to start selling more books
- The top five cover amateur book cover design mistakes
- The problem with the disconnect between what readers want to read and what writers want to write
- Why fast writing doesn’t necessarily mean bad writing
- How he spent NaNoWriMo writing in a castle (!)
- And much more!
Listen to the episode now!
Check out Derek’s home base: CreativINDIE.com
Want to give creating your own cover a shot? Try Derek’s diybookcovers.com
Get a FREE copy of Derek’s book Guerilla Publishing: Revolutionary Book Strategies to Make Your First $1000 on Kindle.
Check out the cover Derek create for my book, The Page Turners: Economy of Fear:
The Writing Coach is brought to you by:
Download the podcast here: