Welcome to The Writing Coach. On this podcast, I speak with the instructors, editors, coaches, and mentors that help writers and authors create their art, build their audience, and sell their work.
In episode 36 of The Writing Coach, I speak with Shaunta Grimes.
Shaunta has worked as a substitute teacher, a newspaper reporter, a drug court counselor, and a vintage clothing seller. No matter which direction she strays, however, she always comes back to storytelling. She lives in Reno with her family, where she writes, teaches, and perpetually studies at the University of Nevada. She is the author of two young adult distopian novels, and helps authors to excell via her Ninja Writers community.
During our conversation, Shaunta describes:
- How a NaNoWriMo win in 2004 launched her novel writing career;
- Her “tiny goal” writing techinque that has allowed her to write every day for years;
- Her special productivity tool known as F.R.E.D.;
- The heartbreaking experience she went through with traditional publishing;
- How helping writers to tell their story lights her up;
- And much more!
Listen to the episode now:
Get Shaunta’s free Ninja Writers Secret Weapon Tool here.
Check out Shaunta’s membership community The Ninja Writers Club here. Use the coupon could ANITRY and get your first month of membership for only $7!
Finally, Shaunta’s year long novel writing course, A Novel Idea, is open for enrollment this week only!