Welcome to The Writing Coach. On this podcast, I speak with the instructors, editors, coaches, and mentors that help writers and authors create their art, build their audience, and sell their work.
In episode 34 of The Writing Coach, I speak with Susan Friedmann.
Susan is a Certified Speaking Professional and a veteran business and niche marketing expert who has carved her niche by helping companies worldwide get the most out of attending trade shows and industry events. She offers programs to increase results and focus on building better relationships with customers, prospects and advocates in the marketplace.
A prolific author, Susan has written fourteen books including, Meeting and Event Planning for Dummies, The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Target Marketing, and Riches in Niches: How to Make it BIG in a small Market, which made it to #1 in hot business books on Amazon.com.
During our conversation, Susan describes:
- How the publishing industry has changed over the last three decades;
- Her nuts and bolts approach to writing and teaching;
- The benefits of self-publishing for authors;
- How the September 11 terrorist attacks nearly prevented one of her books from being published;
- The way the National Speakers Association has connected her with many important mentors;
- What she has learned from a year of podcasting;
- The importance of niche marketing for authors;
- And much more!
Listen to the episode now:
To get Susan’s 111 point checklist of how to monetize your book or a complementary 15 minute book marketing consultation, send her an email at susan (at) avivapubs (dot) com.
Listen to Kevin’s appearance on Susan’s podcast Book Marketing Mentors here.
Visit Susan’s author page on Amazon.
Grab a copy of Susan’s bestselling book, Riches in Niches:
Do you know the 12 ESSENTIAL steps to creating a novel readers will love?
Drop your name and best email address into the form below to access your free copy of The Novel Writer’s Roadmap, a short and simple guide to writing your first book. It’ll walk you through the 12 essential steps to writing and publishing a novel readers will fall in love with.
I value your privacy and would never spam you